With the introduction of Apps for SharePoint 2013 and the expansion of the SharePoint API, a whole new world opened for us, the SharePoint developers. This blogpost describes on how to integrate SignalR 2.0 into a SharePoint 2013 MVC app, with the possiblity to use SignalR from your hostweb! We will end up with a nifty SharePoint application that makes use of signalR and a remote event receiver, which uses the signalR hub to push through new items to every registred client. An example solution is provided at the end of the document, but imagine what you could do with this. I personally always include signalR solutions when building apps, to monitor all events that I am interested in when debugging/fixing apps.
SharePoint 2013 brought great things: great new social features, the API got a major extension and of course, the new introduced app model. A feature that I really missed though, was the ability to post documents to your newsfeed from the context menu. This blogpost describes how to do this.
November 13th is the day that Visual Studio 2013 officially will be launched to the public during a virtual Launch Event. InfoSupport organizes, toghether with the Microsoft communities a special event around this Launch, with the theme:
Step into the world of apps and cloud with Visual Studio 2013
All attendees will together watch the official Launch, live streamed from New York. After the stream 6 sessions are planned which will share technical details about Visual Studio 2013 and the Microsoft Platform: I’ll present one of these: Building SharePoint 2013 and Office Apps with Visual Studio 2013
Welcome to my new blog! I had to make a move to a new domain and CMS, because my old host wasn’t able to fullfill the requirements that I had. This blog doesn’t contain all posts yet, but they will be migrated at a later time.
This is the second post as part of a blog series about the integration of using SharePoint 2013 as a datasource for windows 8 apps.Find the index at SharePoint 2013 and Windows 8 apps – better together Part 1: Introduction, background and considerations
This is the first post as part of a blog series about the integration of using SharePoint 2013 as a datasource for windows 8 apps.
- Part 1: Introduction, Background and Considerations (this post)
- Part 2: Platform choice, using the right API and data access
- Part 3: Integrating Search using REST
- Part 4: Authentication
On 8 march 2013, my colleague Ad Reijngoudt (Windows 8 App developer, follow him on twitter: @Areijngoudt) and I spoke on the dutch Techdays on the subject: “SharePoint 2013 and windows 8 app – better together”. After this session, we got a lot of questions on several subjects, so I decided to write some blogposts on these subjects.
On 7 and 8 March, the yearly returning TechDays event was held in the Netherlands. This was already the 4th year in a row that I was visiting the event as a speaker, with a total of 6 sessions. I wasn’t the only speaker ofAchmea; some colleague’s of mine were speaking as well. (Fact: Alex thissen spoke for the eleventh year in a row. He lost track on the amount of sessions 😉 We had a great diversity on subjects (Security, SharePoint , ALM, windows 8) and I’ll give a quick overview of the content covered in our sessions.
Today we were experiencing some major performance issues on some pages on a new website. The pages that were experiencing these performance issues, all made use of the content by query webpart (we didn’t have any performance issues before on these pages). The content by query webpart that we were using on the site, used a pagefield value, which was used to lookup some related pages from another list.
While working on our custom ADFS login component and deployed this version to our DTAP street, we saw different behaviours when signing out of a site, under different circumstances. Wen users tried to logout via the page “/_layouts/signout.aspx” users sometimes where redirected back to the root of the site and in some cases users got the message “please close the browser to signout”. As I was curious why this happened, I decided to check a few things out.
In SharePoint 2010 the possibility of claims based authentication was introduced. The out of the box experience of this functionality is often OK, for example in cases of corporate intranets and extranets, but it doesn’t always fulfill the requirements of internet facing websites which require authentication. This blogposts describes why we wanted to implement the active login scenario and learns us what kind of problems we encountered (and nailed ;))